top of page

Non Surgical Options for Arthritis

Osteoarthritis (OA) of the foot and ankle joint can influence the performance of daily activities, which is a painful condition that can physically limit the joint’s range of motion. Most ankle OA develops after trauma (78%), with the other 22%. Surgery is an option but does require significate downtime, loss of activity, time off work, and expense. Supartx Fx  can be be utilized in symptomatic mild to moderate osteoarthritis of the ankle and big toe joint. 

Why is Supartz better than surgery for ankle pain?


Supartz is meant to prolong the life of a damaged or arthritic joint by increasing the amount of cushioning and lubrication inside the ankle. Supartz is superior to surgery in many ways. 1) Supartz is much less invasive. It only involves a series of injections, instead of cutting the ankle open. 2) Supartz is much less expensive than surgery. 3) Supartz injections may decrease the pain and prolong the life of your arthritic ankle. 4) Supartz can be performed right in your home or office.


What is in Supartz Joint Injection Fluid?


SUPARTZ Joint Fluid Therapy (also called a viscosupplement) is a non-surgical, non-pharmacologic therapy for knee osteoarthritis. SUPARTZ therapy can help relieve your pain, improve your mobility, and get you back to your normal activities. It basically works as a joint lubricant and a fluid joint cushion.


Does Supartz come from roosters?


Hyaluronan is a natural substance found in your joint cartilage and in the synovial fluid that fills your joints. Synovial fluid is the lubricant that helps your joint move smoothly. In the ankle joint, hyaluronan acts like a lubricant and a cushion much the same way that oil lubricates and protects an engine. 


The goal of Supartz joint injection treatment to supplement poor-quality hyaluronan in your painful ankle with additional highly purified hyaluronan. Supartz therapy is an injectable solution made from highly purified sodium hyaluronate (also known as hyaluronic acid [HA]) that is actually extracted from rooster combs. The rooster combs used n Supartz are harvested from roosters that have been certified as suitable for human consumption via pre- and post-mortem veterinary inspection


Arthritis Treatments


Mild to moderate arthritic conditions can be treated without the need of surgery; however,when surgery is needed choose a BOARD CERTIFIED DOCTOR IN FOOT, REARFOOT AND ANKLE RECONSTRUCTION. Know what and when a treatment is necessary or recommened. Here at the foot and ankle clinic patient-physician relationship is built with integraty, honestly and experience.

Advantages of SupartzFX


  • Reduced Pain

  • Office Procedure

  • Immediate Weightbearing 

  • Quicker Healing and Return to Activities/Work

Is Supartz covered by insurance?


In most cases, Supartz is covered by insurance for the treatment of osteoarthritis in the knee, but Supartz is often not covered by insurance carries for the treatment of ankle arthritis.

Arthritis Treatment

bottom of page